Friday, August 27, 2010

So for the last couple of weeks I have been debating about "blogging". I am in no way a writer and if i end up writing something, i typically end up typing more than what anyone wants to read. The last several weeks I have had Matt 5:14-16 on my heart.

14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praiseyour Father in heaven.

Then last Sunday I went to a church service where the pastor was speaking on Col 4:5

5Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.

He also challenged us to "lose confidence in ourselves and gain confidence in Christ". I have heard it many times that we will grow in our faith if we share the gospel. That if we get asked questions that we don't have answers to, it's ok to say "I don't know" and then take the time to find that answer. Again, challenging ourselves to grow in our faith and finding out something new.

And thats how I get here. This is a great way for me to be able to share with others what God is doing in me, around me, and through me. We are called to let our light shine upon men, let our words be seasoned with salt and be a living example of Christ Jesus and that is what I am hoping to do with this. I pray that even if it is just one person, that someone would read this and have God touch them in a way that would draw them closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment