Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Redeemer Lives - Team Hoyt

So this morning I was on the way to church. Normally I hop in the car, plug in my music and listen to hillsong on tomlin. However, this morning was different, I turned on KLTY. It was a commercial and the first song back was My Redeemer Lives. I can not listen to that song without thinking of the video that I have seen countless times to that song. I have included a link to it. Please take the time to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVGdZOhlL0

As many of yall know, I volunteer at a camp for the disabled and their families called Joni and Friends Family Retreats. Not only do I volunteer with them but I also live with my grandparents. My grandfather is a double amputee from below the knee. I have a heart for the disabled and love working with them. Got to visit with a lady from the US Navy this last week. Her son is a quad and they were looking in to ways the BSA can have wheelchair/disability friendly camps.

Anyways, while I was driving to church, listening to this song and getting a little teary eyed thinking of this video. It makes me wonder how much our God really loves us. If Mr. Hoyt loves his son so much to train and race the triathlon, pulling his son behind him in a tube while swimming, ride a bicycle with his son on the front end pedaling the weight of two bodies and then to top it off, run behind his wheelchair pushing it to the finish line, just so he can let his son do something he enjoys. How great is our Father in heaven? Who sent His ONLY son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so that we could live with him for eternity in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment